Plackers Frequently Asked Questions
Dental Flosser FAQs
Q: Why should I floss every day?
It is important to floss daily to remove food and plaque from in-between the teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach. As plaque causes tooth decay and can lead to gum disease, regular flossing plays an important role in helping to maintain your oral health and hygiene.
Q: When/how often should I floss?
Following the recommendation of the American Dental Association, flossing every day is very important. It cleans your mouth after a meal and Plackers dental flossers offer an easy, convenient and sensible way to help protect against tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
TIP: Flossing before brushing helps dislodge plaque and food debris so brushing can wipe it away.
Q: Will Plackers dental flossers stretch, shred or break?
All flossers are NOT created equal! Plackers Super TufFloss® high-performance floss is engineered not to stretch, shred or break during use.
Q: Which Plackers dental flosser should I use?
To meet the different needs of individuals, Plackers offers a complete line of dental flossers, including:
- Micro Mint® Freshens Breath
- Twin-Line® for Advanced Cleaning
- Gentleslide® for Tight Teeth
- Orthopick® for Braces
- Plackers KIDS Flossers with Fluoride
- Right Angle® flosser
Q: When was the first dental flosser invented?
Since pioneering the first dental flosser, which was patented in 1972, Plackers has helped brighten the smiles of millions. With its complete line of dental flossers that are engineered not to stretch, shred or break during use, Plackers has redefined the ease, comfort, and convenience of flossing for decades.
Q: How does the toothpick guard work?
The pick guard has a ‘fold away’ feature—simply bend the pick guard toward the floss and hold with one finger as you gently insert the pick in between your teeth.
Q: Can I use the flossers more than once?
Each Plackers flosser utilizes Super TufFloss® — the world’s strongest floss — and just one flosser should be sufficient to floss all of your teeth. However, we do recommend that you use a fresh flosser for every occasion/use.
Q: Do Plackers flossers contain wax?
Plackers patented Super TufFloss® fiber slides easily between tight teeth without any wax coating.
Q: How do you use Plackers flossers?
Gently guide floss between your teeth. Floss in gentle back and forth, up and down motion alongside each tooth.
Q: How do you use the fold-away pick?
Unfold pick and guide into space between teeth. Gently use in and out motion to clean teeth and stimulate gums.
Q: How old should you be to use Plackers Flossers?
For caution, Plackers recommends adult supervision while flossing for anyone under the age 10.
Q: What is bruxism?
Bruxism is the grinding or clenching of teeth, and is estimated to affect more than 60 million adults. Bruxism is believed to be a stress coping mechanism that can create up to 250 pounds of pressure on teeth, potentially leading to irreversible tooth damage.
Q: How can bruxism be treated?
You should consult your dental or medical professional if you have any concerns about bruxism. However, some treatment options may include:
- Sleep with a teeth grinding guard such as Plackers Grind No More® to help prevent grinding and clenching.
- Reduce stress in your life and increase time for relaxation.
- Visit a dentist to check the condition of your teeth. Your dentist may recommend braces, crowns and dental splints to correct damage.
Q: What makes the Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector unique from other over-the-counter night protectors?
Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protectors provide exceptional comfort, protection and hygiene.
- Comfort: The streamlined one-size-fits-all product is designed to be worn on upper or lower teeth — whichever is more comfortable.
- Protection: Meets the demanding needs of both “clenchers” and “grinders” — bite plate alignment grooves, absorbing bite plates, and stabilizing bite plate lips work together for maximum protection.
- Hygienic: Each Plackers Grind No More is disposable and can be used for up to 3 days — it’s the hygienic alternative!
- Individually Packaged & Ready to Use: No boiling, cutting, or molding required…it’s an instant fit every time!
Q: How long can I use my Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector before replacing it?
Depending on your level of grinding, you can wear the Grind No More® Dental Night Protector for up to 3 nights. We recommend replacing it at the first sign of excessive wear. You should not wear the same night protector for more than 3 days. Never reuse the night protector if you feel it doesn’t fit properly.
Q: How should I care for my Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector?
If you use the same Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector for more than 1 day, thoroughly clean it with cold water or mouthwash. Thoroughly dry and store it in the packaging container provided.
Q: How long can I wear my Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector?
Do not wear for more than 12 hours each night.
Q: Do the bite pads need to reach my farthest back molars to fit properly?
No — the bite pads do not need to reach the farthest back molars to fit or work properly. The bite pads will generally be placed on either of your back two molars.
Q: Do I need to boil or cut the Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector?
No — the Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector is ready to use — there is no boiling, cutting, or molding required.
Q: Are there any precautions I should take before using the Plackers Grind No More® Dental Night Protector?
You should ask a dentist before using if you have:
- Loose caps or fillings, or cavities without fillings.
- Clicking of your jaw.
- Pain in your teeth, jaw, face, or if you have trouble chewing.
- Two or more missing teeth.
- Sores in your mouth.
- Disease or bleeding of the gums.
- Serious breathing, respiratory, or other health problems.