Plackers® Frequently Asked Questions
It is important to floss daily to remove food and plaque from in between the teeth where your toothbrush can't reach. As plaque causes tooth decay and can lead to gum disease, flossing regularly plays an important role in helping to maintain your oral health and hygiene.
Flossing at least once per day is very important. For maximum results, we recommend flossing every time you brush your teeth and after every meal. Plackers dental flossers offer an easy, convenient and sensible way to help protect against tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
TIP: Flossing before brushing helps dislodge plaque and food debris so brushing can wipe it away.
All flossers are NOT created equal! Plackers Super Tuffloss® high-performance floss is engineered not to stretch, shred or break during use.
To meet the different needs of individuals, Plackers offers a complete line of dental flossers, including:
- Micro Mint® Freshens Breath
- Twin-Line® for Advanced Cleaning
- GentleSlide® for Tight Teeth
- OrthoPick® for Braces
- Plackers KIDS Flossers with Fluoride
Since pioneering the first dental flosser, which was patented in 1972, Plackers has helped brighten the smiles of millions, redefining the ease, comfort, and convenience of flossing. With its complete line of dental flossers that are engineered not to stretch, shred or break during use, Plackers has developed a loyal following built upon decades of experience and reliability.
Improve your gum and oral health by following these flossing tips:
- Floss every day – flossing daily allows you to reach the spaces between teeth that brushing can't.
- Floss teeth one at a time and be sure to floss between every tooth in your mouth, including molars.
- Rub floss against both sides of each tooth to remove plaque and lingering food particles.
- Use a flosser with hi-performance floss fibers such as Plackers Super Tuffloss®, which is engineered not to stretch, shred or break during use.
The pick guard has a 'fold away' featuresimply bend the pick guard toward the floss and hold with one finger as you gently insert the pick in between your teeth.
Plackers flossers utilize high quality, FDA compliant materials that are latex and gluten free.
Each Plackers flosser utilizes Super Tuffloss® the world's strongest floss and just one flosser should be sufficient to floss all of your teeth. However, we do recommend that you use a fresh flosser for every occasion/use.
Plackers patented Super Tuffloss® fiber slides easily between tight teeth without any wax coating, thus avoiding the potential build-up of wax residue between teeth.
May We Suggest:
Plackers Micro Mint® Flosser
Bruxism & Dental Night Protectors
Bruxism is the grinding or clenching of teeth, and is estimated to affect more than 60 million adults. Bruxism is believed to be a stress coping mechanism that can create up to 250 pounds of pressure on teeth, potentially leading to irreversible tooth damage.
Signs and symptoms of bruxism may include:
- Worn tooth enamel
- Flattened, undefined tooth shape
- Recessed gums
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Jaw pain, earaches, facial pain and headaches
- Audible grinding sounds during sleep
You should consult your dental or medical professional if you have any concerns about bruxism, however, some treatment options may include:
- Sleep with a teeth grinding guard such as Plackers Grind No More to help prevent grinding and clenching.
- Reduce stress in your life and increase time for relaxation.
- Visit a dentist to check the condition of teeth; your dentist may recommend braces, crowns and dental splints to correct damage.
Plackers® Grind No More® Dental Night Protectors provide exceptional comfort, protection and hygiene.
- Comfort: The streamlined one size fits all is designed to be worn on upper or lower teeth whichever is more comfortable.
- Protection: Meets the demanding needs of both "clenchers" and "grinders" bite plate alignment grooves, absorbing bite plates, and stabilizing bite plate lips work together for maximum protection.
- Hygienic: Each GNM is disposable and can be used for up to 3 days it's the hygienic alternative!
- Individually Packaged & Ready to Use: No boiling, cutting, or molding required…it's an instant fit every time!
Depending on your level of grinding, you can wear the Grind-No-More Dental Night Protector for up to 3 nights. We recommend replacing it at the first sign of excessive wear. You should not wear the same night protector for more than 3 days. Never reuse the night protector if you feel it doesn't fit properly.
If you use the same Grind-No-More Dental Night Protector for more than 1 day, thoroughly clean it with cold water or mouthwash. Thoroughly dry and store it in the packaging container provided.
Do not wear for more than 12 hours each night.
No the bite pads do not need to reach the farthest back molars to fit or work properly. The bite pads will generally be placed on either of your back two molars.
No the Grind-No-More Dental Night Protector is ready to use there is no boiling, cutting, or molding required.